Genuine Way is presented at the SMAU Convention as the new partner of Assolombarda

My Chic Jungle and Genuine Way are the new tech partners of Assolombarda. Together, these companies intend to become a key-player in facilitating adoption of blockchain solutions within the companies of the Lombardy region.

During the SMAU 2019 in Milan a panel of speakers was organized – including the CEO of Genuine Way – to speak and inform business operators about the new frontiers of production chain traceability and quality certification through blockchain.

New consumer trends were discussed, by highlighting the need for ever greater transparency in retail. Information is no longer uniquely focused on quality, but also on the increasingly relevant areas of environmental sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility – where the company is required to comply with the ethical values of its customers.

Genuine Way and MyChicJungle will be at Assolombarda’s side with the goal of accelerating the adoption of blockchain technology in Northern Italy.


Made in Italy 100%

This is the “Made in Italy” certification, a title that can only be given to products that have been manufactured and packaged in the territory of Italy. Given the world-reknown food heritage of this country, it is a valuable indication that the product provides a quality above-average, as well as an attention to details and to long-lasting traditions.

Monte Etna DOP

“Monte Etna” is a local protected heritage (DOP) of Italy, applied to specific productions located in the region of Sicily, around the province of Catania and the area surrounding the Etna volcano.

This certification is dedicated to Olive Oil productions. In order for a product to be granted this certification it needs to meet both of the following requirements: (a) it needs to come from olive trees located in the Mount Etna area and (b) it needs to be made with 65% of “Nocellara Etnea” a native variety of olive from this area. The remaining 35% of oil has to come from one of the following varieties: “Moresca”, “Tonda Iblea”, “Ogliarola Messinese” , “Biancolilla”, “Brandofino” and “Olivo di Castiglione”.


Protected Heritage of Italy (DOP)​

The DOP Foods of Italy (Denominazione D’Origine Protetta) are those agrifood products that are part of one of the special local heritages protected by the State through a certification. Their ingredients need to be locally grown and they need to be locally packaged.

Italian specialties get DOP recognition by following, step by step, a strict set of guidelines, therefore this certificate becomes a synonimous of quality. Its content and meaning may vary significantly between a DOP and another.



ICEA is the institute for the ethical and environemntal certification, an independent and qualified Certification Institute operating as a non-profit consortium. It operates true auditing professionals applying rigid protocols to verify if a producer is eco-friendly and sustainable.

The specific focus of ICEA is to certify productions coming from organic farming in Italy.